HOMES and businesses were left without telephone lines for five days when utility workers cut through a power cable.
The accident on Tuesday last week affected homes in Royal Lane and Hillingdon Hill in Hillingdon and lines remained down until Sunday.
Michael Orgame, of Surrey, said he was unable to contact his elderly parents-in-law who live in The Chantry for several days.
He said: “We kept being told by BT the problem would be solved within 24 hours. We would rather have had real, accurate information. The situation caused a rather lot of inconvenience and extra cost.”
BT said staff had cut through an underground cable.
“We were first made aware on November 2. Excavations were carried out which gave the cable and jointing gangs access to the BT Openreach plant. We then worked around the clock to repair the damage as quickly as possible and to gradually restore services.
“This work was completed to fully restore services on Sunday, November 6.”